We purchased a building in 2012 that had an encroachment…

Customer Question
We purchased a building...

We purchased a building in 2012 that had an encroachment from the neighboring building registered on it. The building is now in the process of being sold to new owners and they are bringing anything but friendly. What do we have to do to have the encroachment removed from both the title and our property?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I haven’t known where to start so have done nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

We areinBig Valley AB

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you saying this is a registered easement on title?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!