We have been trying to register our youngest son for 4 years…

Customer Question
Good morning We have...

Good morning We have been trying to register our youngest son for 4 years now.

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ontario.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We have completed all the paper work and submitted multiple times. Now they claim to have lost the last submittal. The problem is he was a home birth and not witnessed by a medical professional.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have signed affidavits from witnesses at the birth to confirm he was born in Ontario at our home. He is four and this has taken a toll on our family. He will not be able to be registered for school if we don't get it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/29/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

When he was born who sent in the notice of live birth registration?

What more are they asking for ?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!