I would like to know if I have any liens on my property

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if I have any liens on my property at*****Miramichi Newbrunswick under name of Sheila Lowe

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Miramichi NewBrunswick Canada E1V 3G6

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If there are liens are they active or inactive

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Canada Law
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The lawyers on the site cannot do a title search for you.

If you want me to explain how to do this let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well thanks for letting me spend $54 before telling me that. I’ll psss the word around
Lawyer: Nate Munk, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Nate Munk
Nate Munk, Lawyer

Hi, I know that you were not happy with the earlier answer. Would you still like help with this?

I can direct you to the right forum for checking a lien on a property.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THANKYOU, PLEASE DO

Great. Most provinces have websites that will allow you to do a lien search. New Brunswick has one as well, and it is very simple to use. There is a fee involved with the search (about 10$). You can find out how to do that here: http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.12875.Personal_Property_Registry_System_-_Lien_Check_Service.html

If you would like to go on that website now, and you still have questions, please let me know.

I am sorry, I think I pasted the wrong website. Here is the correct one:

https://www.pxw1.snb.ca/snb7001/e/2000/2403e.asp

You may find calling them easiest: 1-***-***-****, and they cant direct you to the right location.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day.

*can