My son was charged with theft over $5,000 over 5 years ago…

Customer Question
My son was charged...

My son was charged with theft over $5,000 over 5 years ago he struggles with mental health issues. He has been to court at least once and represented himself. He has a court date in a month but is currently in hospital seeking treatment. At this point could restitution be paid and the charges dropped?

Lawyer's Assistant: Does your son have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?

Yes I believed 18

Lawyer's Assistant: In what province did the theft occur?

June 18th ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is his only offence that I'm aware of

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Canada Law
5/28/2018
Lawyer: CaptanLaw, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
CaptanLaw
CaptanLaw, Lawyer

Hello

I'm a criminal defence lawyer and can assist with your inquiry. First, can you clarify what is the purpose of the upcoming court date?

Also, you indicated that he was charged with Theft Over "over 5 years ago". I take it you mean that the incident took place over 5 years ago; when was he actually arrested and charged by the police?