I live in a house that is occupied by 2 other tenants. I…

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a house that is occupied by 2 other tenants. I moved in the unit 4 yrs ago and signed a lease in which it was for 1 yr. I am now on a month to month bases. I live in the basement apartment and have my own entrance to my unit from the backyard. . Can my landlord now forse me to accommodate new tenants that live in the top unit of the house. To enter or use the backyard for storage or gardening purposes. ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

Can my landlord first me to accommodate this new tenant to have access to the back yard for there purposes?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No Just have arguments with landlord & new tenants about my privacy to my backyard entrance. My landlord has now want to allow the new tenants that moved in the top floor. Access to the backyard.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Toronto ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is my question. Thanks for replying back. Waiting to hear from the lawyer on this issue

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/26/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What did your lease say about the use of the backyard?