I owe a visa card $6950.00. I am in arrears $151.00 a

Customer Question
I owe a visa...

I owe a visa card $6950.00. I am in arrears $151.00 a monthly payment. This was turned over to a collection agency, I can't understand why? Well I do I realize I am in arrears. This collection agency has contacted my sister in law asking her to give me a message regarding this. Is this not harassment & what right do they have to harass my 82 year old sister in-law. The collection agency has left 2 messages on her phone.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Please tell me how I should proceed with this ? Thank you. Best regards, Deborah

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have done nothing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am recovering from cancer & could not afford that monthly payment along with medication I required.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Canada Law
5/26/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

How many months have passed without your paying the minimum amount required for the month?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
2 months
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
this is an old account which I have been paying since 2016, that was not my question, my question is the collection agency called my sister-in-law on her telephone # and asked to leave a message for me to play back on her phone. I can not understand what gives a credit agency the right to talk to someone else as this is private to me.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Did you get my Question?
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 26 days ago

What province are you in please?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I want this account cancelled A.S.A.P. as of 11:15 May 26,2019 . Send me a copy of the receipt to this E-mail

I don't work for the site.

Please deal with customer service.