I live in Vancouver Canada MY son signed into a contract for…

Customer Question
I live in Vancouver...

I live in Vancouver Canada MY son signed into a contract for kick boxing evenings...He gave them 1500.00 cash for 1 year and now has changed jobs and cant attend their classes..They were rude to him when he went into them and said no.He has only gone about 3-4 times.Because he paid cash I know they spent it thats why the guy freaked out on him...I would like to put the fear of god in him by saying something about this..If he didnt pay cash thats a different game

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your son talked to a Canadian lawyer about this?

No I just went online

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your son taken so far?

Nothing but downloaded a form to end his contract I was going to give it to them tonight I think I can say something about income tax if worde right that would scare him into paying his money back

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/25/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you asking if he is able to cancel the contract?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!