Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Debra, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I have my property survey which shows my fence on the north
Debra, Lawyer
I have my property survey which shows my fence on the north side as being on my property line and notes state -all fences are within 0.2 metres of property line. My new neighbour on the north side tea… read more
Well , the verdict is in . I had the property surveyed and
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
Well , the verdict is in . I had the property surveyed and the fence is not on the property line it is on our side 1 -2 inches depending where you measure. i am awiating the written survey report and … read more
if my fence is on my side of the property line, is the land
Law.Hut
Law.Hut, Lawyer
if my fence is on my side of the property line, is the land on the other side of the fence, up to the property line still mine?… read more
Hi, my property survey shows a 10ft right of way between 2 houses. There is a fence betwee
Debra, Lawyer
Hi, my property survey shows a 10ft right of way between 2 houses. There is a fence between the 2 back yards. Who owns this property and how do I determine if the fence is located at the correct prope… read more
Hi....I own a piece of property in Orillia if I decide to put
Debra, Lawyer
Hi....I own a piece of property in Orillia if I decide to put up a fence but 3 feet inside the survey line between my property and my neighbours do I lose the property on the neighbours side to them o… read more
When the neighbor fence is on his property, but right on the
Debra, Lawyer
When the neighbor fence is on his property, but right on the property line, can you paint your side of the fence your choice of color… read more
The survey that came with my deeds on my home shows a fence
Debra, Lawyer
The survey that came with my deeds on my home shows a fence 18inches on my property. but narrows to the correct property line about 15 ft along . Looks like it has been so for over 10 years.I cant see… read more
I am building a fence on my side of the property line. I want
Debra, Lawyer
I am building a fence on my side of the property line. I want to extend it on my neighbour's side - four feet of which he uses as driveway now, I will fence in, leaving him 10' of driveway space. Can … read more
We have a certified land survey that clearly shows a
Debra, Lawyer
We have a certified land survey that clearly shows a neighbour's building and fence encroaching on our lot. The property is now listed for sale and we need to know how we should best proceed to correc… read more
Re Property Lines and fencing. We bought a house with a fence
Flagbridge-CDN
Flagbridge-CDN, Principal Consultant
Re Property Lines and fencing. We bought a house with a fence at the end of the driveway between two houses. The property line runs down the driveway, approx. 1/8 is on neighbours property and 7/8 on … read more
My question is regarding property line and fences! If a
Debra, Lawyer
My question is regarding property line and fences! If a neighbour builds a fence on the common boudary are they responsible to serve notice if I disagree?… read more
My neighbour is not honoring the property line re a fence that
Debra, Lawyer
My neighbour is not honoring the property line re a fence that is on my property. What are my options?… read more
Does a fence have to be built on the property line If the
Debra, Lawyer
Does a fence have to be built on the property line? If the fence is built inside the property line, does the party on the other side have the right to encroach on the property just because they want t… read more
If I build a fence on the property line in Alberta, is there
Debra, Lawyer
If I build a fence on the property line in Alberta, is there any issues regarding encroachment? My neighbor sold his house and his Realtor is advising him that if I build a fence, he needs to obtain a… read more
I purchased a rural property in 2003, we had a survey done
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I purchased a rural property in 2003, we had a survey done and the title and survey both showed no exclusions within my 4 corner posts, in 2014 forestry issued me a trespass notice for land in the mid… read more
I decided to install a new fence on one side of my house back
Debra, Lawyer
I decided to install a new fence on one side of my house back yard and told my neighbour about my plans. The neighbour did not mind but could not share the project costs. I hired a company to do this … read more
We own a cottage near Carleton Place. Our survey is dated
Debra, Lawyer
We own a cottage near Carleton Place. Our survey is dated 1969 and shows a right-of-way along the left side which we assume is for the house across the road. The owner of that property has never used … read more
New owner of property adjoining my property was advised of
Debra, Lawyer
New owner of property adjoining my property was advised of property line. I had a survey completed and he did not. Two years later, he was advised again but he proceeded to build a "floating" porch/de… read more