I'm doing joint divorce documents in alberta. No papers have…

Hi, I'm doing joint...

Hi, I'm doing joint divorce documents in alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Alberta family court?

No papers have been filed. I have a separation agreement drafted by a lawyer here and am doing the joint divorce documents myself. My middle name is ***** ***** on the marriage certificate. so I have received some instructions that I'm having trouble executing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Here are the instructions I received and I cannot figure out where to put them: Joint Statement of Claim for Divorce:As I told you earlier, we have had two separate divorces go through where there was an issue with our client’s name being incorrect on the marriage certificate, and in both cases we put that person’s correct name on the style of cause, and then added the Affidavit paragraph I sent to you to correct the middle name by attaching the person’s birth certificate.

here is the wording I received:
I was married to the Defendant on **** at ****, Alberta, and attached hereto and marked as Exhibit “A” to this my Affidavit is a Certificate of Marriage issued by the Province of Alberta, which accurately sets forth the particulars of my marriage. The Certificate of Marriage incorrectly shows my middle name as “****”; attached hereto as Exhibit “B” is a true copy of my birth certificate showing that my true middle name is “****”.
My question is where to put it on the statement of claim.
5/9/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You can do a separate Affidavit using that exact wording which is correct and then attach it to the joint claim. It would be how you submit the marriage certificate.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

My understanding was that this could be put directly on the form and that I did not need a separate affidavit. I just want to be certain to put it in the correct place.

You would put in into the section that says Marriage #3 and add it as a second paragraph.

Debra, Lawyer
Ok. Thank you

You are very welcome.

Take good care.