Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I have a question about wrongful dismissal/discrimination,
Debra, Lawyer
I have a question about wrongful dismissal/discrimination, but the details will not fit in the space allowed. I have it summarized in a Word document if some would like to read it. How can I get it to… read more
If this matter is going to settlement conference on March
Debra, Lawyer
If this matter is going to settlement conference on March 31. What is the deadline(s) for me to serve my brief on the other side, and file it with the court?… read more
Hi Debra Following on from my question from last night regarding
Debra, Lawyer
Hi Debra Following on from my question from last night regarding my upcoming settlement conference I have a couple of other questions related to the same. If i put my house up for sale, can i reject a… read more
wrongful dismissal-was owed $25000.00 severance pay-received
Debra, Lawyer
wrongful dismissal-was owed $25000.00 severance pay-received a cheque for $5500.00 minus deductions and was told that that was all I was entitled to. I waited just about a month-not able to afford a $… read more
I went a settlement conference in regards XXXXX XXXXX small claim,
Debra, Lawyer
I went a settlement conference in regards XXXXX XXXXX small claim, I went alone and the defendent got a lawyer and including the deputy \judge they were pushing for a settlement, which I agreed verbal… read more
Hi, I have a question in regard an immediate/wrongful dismissal.
Debra, Lawyer
Hi, I have a question in regard an immediate/wrongful dismissal. The company I worked for the last 6 years fired me on Oct.22, 2009 and terminated my contract with them in the same day. They provided … read more
I have a question with regards ***** ***** a severance
Debra, Lawyer
Hi, I have a question with regards ***** ***** a severance package. I'm asking a copy of how they calculate my severance pay but my company said they can't provide any because they have anything like.… read more
, I have served the Settlement Conference Brief to the
Daniel Freudman, lawyer
Hello, I have served the Settlement Conference Brief to the lawyer by Purolator courier. I have a confirmation of delivery to the lawyer but no signature. Will the confirmation of delivery be sufficie… read more
If you are going to sue an employer for wrongful dismissal,
Law.Hut
Law.Hut, Lawyer
If you are going to sue an employer for wrongful dismissal, and two names show up for the legal name, which one do I sue? One shows Acme Corp. and the other shows Acme Ltd., for example. Two different… read more
How much time is allotted for a settlement conference in
Debra, Lawyer
How much time is allotted for a settlement conference in general? Will conferences go over the time limit? Is there any penalty for that happening?… read more
I would like legal counsel regarding wrongful dismissal from
Debra, Lawyer
I would like legal counsel regarding wrongful dismissal from employment. I was recently terminated from employment and was not given a reason why.… read more
Hello! My question is regarding Small Claim BC. I want to
Debra, Lawyer
Hello! My question is regarding Small Claim BC. I want to sue company because of wrongful dismissal; part of my claim will be moral injury (Wallace Damages) because of wrongful dismissal (late and rud… read more
I have a settlement conference for a small claims court matter
Debra, Lawyer
I have a settlement conference for a small claims court matter in half an hour. It is in regards XXXXX XXXXX promissory note I signed to have an ex b/f move from my home. This partner falsely represen… read more
Our settlement conference is scheduled 31 (about 6 weeks
Debra, Lawyer
Our settlement conference is scheduled for March 31 (about 6 weeks away). If we do reach agreement before then, does that mean we do not have to attend the settlement conference?… read more
My questions are regarding the dismissal of volunteers and
Debra, Lawyer
My questions are regarding the dismissal of volunteers and the usage of email accounts. I sit on the board of a nonprofit that recently merged with a registered charitable group. During the merger, a … read more
I have filed for small claims regarding this situation. A
Debra, Lawyer
Hello again. I have filed for small claims regarding this situation. A settlement conference will be held March 26 th. The defendants response to the notice of claim is ‘disagree with contract'. Do yo… read more
This is in reference to a wrongful dismissal, my lawyer said
Debra, Lawyer
This is in reference to a wrongful dismissal, my lawyer said the next step is a Pre-Trial Conference with a judge (not the trail judge) to discuss what steps if any need to be completed before the mat… read more
I was wrongfully dismissed and have several questions about
Debra, Lawyer
Second opinion] I was wrongfully dismissed and have several questions about this. Is it possible to speak to someone who has experience with small claims and this area of law? I wasn't sure if this is… read more