Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Debra, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I own a unit in a townhouse complex in Ontario. The management
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Barrister and Solicitor
I own a unit in a townhouse complex in Ontario. The management contacted its lawyer few months ago to send me a letter threatening to take legal action to evict my tenants if they don't clean their ba… read more
We live in a self-managed 10-unit Alberta condo. All units
Debra, Lawyer
We live in a self-managed 10-unit Alberta condo. All units are self-owned. We have a 'No pets' regulation and one of our owners wants to bring in a so-called 'Therapy Dog'.She has already had one such… read more
hello, i am renting a condo from a private owner. the condo
Harv
Harv, lawyer
hello, i am renting a condo from a private owner. the condo complex is managed by a strata management company, aswell as a property management company who handles vacation rentals and employs housekee… read more
I am a condo owner who leases out a townhouse condo unit. I
Debra, Lawyer
I am a condo owner who leases out a townhouse condo unit. I currently have tenants who ride bicycles and park them on the rear patio associated with the condo unit. The president of the condo corp. ha… read more
I am a resident of a townhouse complex, that is managed by
Debra, Lawyer
Hi, I am a resident of a townhouse complex, that is managed by corporation. All units has fences enclosed backyards. All the same. Today our fence has fallen and I contacted corporation asking if they… read more
I am the president of a self managing condo corporation, and
Debra, Lawyer
I am the president of a self managing condo corporation, and we are interested in installing solar panels on the building however I've been told that I can't use reserve fund money to do so. Even thou… read more
I am the secretary treasurer of our condo building. We are
Debra, Lawyer
I am the secretary treasurer of our condo building. We are self managed association. I have a resident that has a unit up for sale and he is behind two months condo fees. We are concerned that he will… read more
I am a townhouse style condo owner that has followed up
Debra, Lawyer
I am a townhouse style condo owner that has followed up yearly over 10 yrs since April 2005 when purchased trying to get my front entrance continuous sidewalk up to my eroding front door entrance comm… read more
We live in a townhouse condominium complex. Our Property Management
Debra, Lawyer
We live in a townhouse condominium complex. Our Property Management Corporation has recently charged each unit with a supposedly one time only "special assessment" fee of over $200.00 (approved by our… read more
We live in a townhouse complex that has privacy fences extending
Debra, Lawyer
We live in a townhouse complex that has privacy fences extending half way to the perimeter fence. Some unit owners have already received permission to extend the fence another 4 ft out and have comple… read more
I live in a townhouse condo complex and we are having trouble
Debra, Lawyer
I live in a townhouse condo complex and we are having trouble with the common area, there is a shed which is in the back of the units , 1 tenant is claiming ownership of the shed because it is on her … read more
I am a condo unit owner and reviewed the condo by-law documents
Debra, Lawyer
I am a condo unit owner and reviewed the condo by-law documents however, did not find an answer. I would like to know if there is a standard notification time required (e.g. 24 hours) for non-emergenc… read more
I am a condo owner but have the unit rented out. The unit
Debra, Lawyer
I am a condo owner but have the unit rented out. The unit above mine had a leak in the bathroom pipes over a significant amount of time which caused damage and mold in my unit's bathroom and bedroom c… read more
I'm working on construction job on a 16 unit townhouse complex.
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Barrister and Solicitor
I'm working on construction job on a 16 unit townhouse complex. We are having a problem with one of the tenants in one of the occupied suites entering unoccupied suites that we are working and confron… read more
In a townhouse condo corp complex. Where a Board member (me),
Debra, Lawyer
In a townhouse condo corp complex. Where a Board member (me), who is also a unitholder disagrees with rule created through majority vote of the Board members (not unitholders), what opinions are avail… read more
Condo Expert Requested A non-resident owner of a townhouse
Debra, Lawyer
Condo Expert Requested: A non-resident owner of a townhouse unit refuses to issue a Form N5 to his young male tenants and their guests who are interfering with the peace and quiet enjoyment of the oth… read more
I am a condo board member of a small complex with only nine
Debra, Lawyer
I am a condo board member of a small complex with only nine owners. Our bylaws state that we have to have a minimum of three board members but we will not have the minimum number of volunteers at our … read more
I am the owner of a commercial condo unit. the property manager
Debra, Lawyer
I am the owner of a commercial condo unit. the property manager hired a company to replace the roof, but they damaged the structure internally - cut through the ceiling and now I have leaks inside the… read more