Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
The President of a company has a contract which requires 2
Debra, Lawyer
The President of a company has a contract which requires 2 years notice of termination. The termination notice was given and he was asked to sign an acknowledgement which he refused to do saying he wa… read more
I had a contract with a garbage disposal company for 2 years
Debra, Lawyer
I had a contract with a garbage disposal company for 2 years going back to march 2005, in the fine print it says that I have 90-120 days to change my contract before it expires with registered mail, i… read more
I had signed a contract with a company that promised to provide
Debra, Lawyer
I had signed a contract with a company that promised to provide artificial turf for a business of which I am not an owner, but a director. They told me that their warehouse was local, only half hour f… read more
after signing a contract for new windows and patio door in
Debra, Lawyer
after signing a contract for new windows and patio door in march 2008 . Todate the job has not been completed. I have sent a letter in march 2009 giving Sears 10 days to complete the job. This has sti… read more
A building contract was to be complete in sept 08. The contract
Debra, Lawyer
A building contract was to be complete in sept 08. The contract has a exclusion clause which staes the contractor is not liable for damages due to delays in construction. The contract also states the … read more
Hello, My parents will dated March 2013 has been completed
Debra, Lawyer
Hello, My parents will dated March 2013 has been completed in probate for six months. The executor advised a beneficiary that there was one more RIF that would be to our benefit to leave it mature to … read more
I have a business which has a contract with Pivotal Payments
Debra, Lawyer
I have a business which has a contract with Pivotal Payments which is a credit card provider. My contract was signed on April 20, 2011 and the fax they sent back to me has a stamp on it saying "Receiv… read more
We had home renovations that were completed in March of 2009.
Debra, Lawyer
We had home renovations that were completed in March of 2009. In April of 2012, the roof started leaking because the contractor only calked where he should have installed flashing. Our insurance will … read more
I had a construction contract with a contractor to complete
Debra, Lawyer
I had a construction contract with a contractor to complete the 2nd floor addition on fixed price progress billing condition, he did completed the close to end of last phase and want to leave the job,… read more
my wife has a small cleaning business. She had a signed 1 year
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
my wife has a small cleaning business. She had a signed 1 year contract for a building and they are terminating it to hire someone else. She has never had a complaint of any kind and has actually done… read more
I have completed a contract to restore a property that had
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
I have completed a contract to restore a property that had a water backup. Because the insured is a business they are required to pay the GST portion of the contract, and the insurance company is to p… read more
I signed a contract with a company that solicited my business
Debra, Lawyer
I signed a contract with a company that solicited my business to advertise on their website. We agreed to a 3 month term at a fee of $300 per month. The contract term would not start, as outlined in t… read more
Hello, I am a small business owner who has a flooring installation
Debra, Lawyer
Hello, I am a small business owner who has a flooring installation company, sole proprietorship which has been in business for 3yrs. I did flooring work for a new home builder in 2009 & 2010 and have … read more
I own my current condominium which is strata style managed
Debra, Lawyer
I own my current condominium which is strata style managed by a property management company. In march last year we had water staining in the main bathroom, nothing was done and they changed property m… read more
I am a building contractor who has been sub-contracting for
Debra, Lawyer
I am a building contractor who has been sub-contracting for one company for 22 years. In this business, the sales staff secure contracts with customers and then the contracts are given to me so that I… read more
If I have signed an agreement contract which is connected
Flagbridge-CDN
Flagbridge-CDN, Principal Consultant
If I have signed an agreement "contract" which is connected to a small business and now the owner of that business has sold to a "new" person who I am not comfortable working for, is that contract bin… read more
I have a business in Quebec. I had a 3 year contract for payment
Jeremie John Martin, Lawyer
I have a business in Quebec. I had a 3 year contract for payment processing services with Global Payments which was signed in 2007 and whose term was complete in 2010. I would like to cancel this cont… read more
I have a one year contract with a caretaker for managing
Debra, Lawyer
Hi I have a one year contract with a caretaker for managing some residential units which came to an end in March 31st of this year and I have found someone else. The contract states that it "may be re… read more