I have a 2011 ford taurus with heated seats, while driving…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 ford taurus with heated seats, while driving in the winter the back of the drivers sit a hole burnt out through causing my jacket to be scrotched and ruin. Went to my dealer, they said they could not do anything. Contacted Ford Canada, they said no warranty, would not do anything about it. I argued that it was a safety issue they said they were not concerned about that, all they would say there was no warranty.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in New Brunswick Canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Contacting the dealer and Ford Canada is the only step that we have made.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know what we can do to resolve this situation, because I believe it is a safety issue and would like to have it repaired.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/2/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you buy the car used?

If so were you told that the car was in good condition?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!