Are 2017 income taxes amount able to be listed on the assets…

Customer Question
Are 2017 income taxes...

Are 2017 income taxes amount able to be listed on the assets and liabilities disclosure form

Lawyer's Assistant: What province is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

BC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

We are applying for letters of probate

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/1/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Yes that is a legitimate liability to include. There is not reason not to include this. The beneficiaries are supposed to get a full picture of the estate and taxes are vital for them to see.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?