I have a company similar to Uber eats. My drivers pick up…

I have a company similar...
I have a company similar to Uber eats. My drivers pick up food and drop it off for restaurants. What type of liability am I potentially facing.
4/16/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Where are you located?

Toronto, Canada

Are you asking about liability with respect to something happening to your drivers?

I am not able to speak on the phone right now. Also, I guess there is a chance that one of both of us will have a black out soon. If that happens I will try and connect as soon as I can.

Setting up the legal aspects before the app comes out; just curious what type of liability I am facing; i'm going to subcontract them out to separate it from the corporation.
Also; if you do contract law. I could send you the merchant terms of use "limitation of liabilityl, insurance, dispute resolution: etc

I am glad to hear you have a corporation. I suggest that you ensure you have sufficient insurance coverage. I can see that the biggest risk if is one of the drivers (car or bike?) gets in an accident you will be the one they will look to for compensation.

As well, the other concern would be that some customer would sue you. It would rarely make sense unless a delay causes them to lose money, such as a client at a business meeting. It would never make sense for them to sue you about the food but people don't always understand who to sue and though you would not be liable in the end you don't want to have to pay a lawyer to defend you. So insurance is the main issue here.

I am not permitted to read legal documents. You would need your own lawyer to do that. I cannot practice law online. You need a lawyer that can identify you and then do a conflict search before advising about the contract.

Does that make sense.

By the way, I am excited to hear of this new service! I hope you will serve the Avenue Road and Lawrence area!

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Thank you very much for your response. Insurance brokers it is then :)
I do have a second question

Sure.

Contract lawyers; to read over say 5 pages of a "terms and conditions" agreement; any estimate of what costs I would be looking at?

$1000 is my guess.

You don't need an expensive lawyer but you do want to make sure you start off right.

Debra, Lawyer
Okay fair enough; I appreciate your time and effort today Debra~ Best, N

Thanks and take good care!