I an in Alberta can you provide advice? We went to court in…

Customer Question
I an in Alberta...

I an in Alberta can you provide advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Alberta lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We went to court in Feb 2017 and got a new court order which addresses our children's extra-curricular activities. My ex refuses to follow it. That isn't my main concern. Over the past 6 years he has tried to alienate my from the children. I am a doctor and have remained single since the divorce and he remarried quickly. He is still extremely angry and will never let it go. I have honestly and literally tried everything. He has alienated my children to the point that my youngest daughter refuses to see me. I can't stop fighting and have tried all the resources available to me but I would like a legal opinion on what to do because I don't want to give up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He job is with the city police. He uses this against me and recently there was a child services complaint against me. I had a friend stay at our home while we were on holidays. About.a week after we were back I went into the basement to get Christmas decorations. I found a plate with drugs on it. I brought it upstairs and put it on my nightstand. At first I thought it was my oldest daughter's (she is 14). I called my fried who was housesitting and he admitted to having friends over and we got into a huge fight. In the morning the girls came in and saw the plate and I explained what happened and I have never talked to that person again. This was the nail used to seal the coffin. I have never done drugs ( not true I have smoked pot like 5 times) and have offered to do a drug test to clear my name. My ex has spent years controlling our children and leadin them to believe i'm a hot mess and he is the victim. I'm a single parent with no support but not even close to a hot mess. I have tried to take the high road for many years but now my youngest daughter has totally aligned with him and refuses to see me. She is almost arrogant and has zero emotion and it's crazy. She talks like him and I don't want to lose her so need to do something as I have tried everything and I'm not giving up.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
4/13/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you ever spoken to an expert in parental alienation?

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?