How can I ask the Court for advice re: whether I am using…

How can I ask...

How can I ask the Court for advice re: whether I am using the right procedure for re-examining plaintiff witness and subpoenaing a new witness for my defense? I will use Form 25 for both.

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

BC Supreme Cout

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have filed Form 25 for both.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know if the Court will allow a re-examination of the hostile witness.

4/13/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You need to seek leave of the court.

Unless the court consents you will not be able to re-examine a hostile witness.

So ahead of time you should bring an application to the court to ask for leave.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I thought of also subpoening the brother/partner to the hostile witness which would be effective as well. The Court had asked whether I intended to call another witness, but I had not figured it out at the time. We are supposed to have a hearing in 30 days, provided that I recover from a surgical procedure. The other problem is that the Form 25 states 35 days are required for my subpoenas to be processed. Do I require a few more recovery days?

Yes perhaps an extra week or two.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer