I am financing a car through a firm in Toronto. Every month…

Customer Question
I am financing a...

I am financing a car through a firm in Toronto. Every month the balance increases by almost $100. on top of the monthly payments. This company will not respond to my asking about it. How do I settle this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Ontario lawyer about this?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None really. Not getting proper amounts for payout and balance as well.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

You almost have to see the paperwork to fully understand what I am trying to accomplish.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

That doesn't make any sense.

When you say they will not respond what do you mean?

I have questioned the paperwork they sent me several times over 6 months and can not get a satisfied answer. Friends I have talked to tell me I have a good complaint. I just want to know who I can talk to, so they can get a resolution, and if there is a possible chance of charges being laid.

What type of firm financed this?

And are they taking money out of your account each month?

Not at this time. I just have an auto repair bill, ($2,000.) and am reluctant to spend any more as yet. I understand it may come to that. Just not today.

OK so are they saying you are falling further behind in what you owe them each month?

Do you have any documentation you can show me?

they are taking the monthly payments.

And each month they are taking $100 more than the month before?

All payments are up to date

But are they taking $100 more each month?

They are adding in an amount after they put in the payment
I am from "old school" so I do not use my phone for anything but text and calls.
What would it cost me to sit down and talk to you, and you can see my problem.
If you have any answers for me, please use my e-mail. ***@******.*** Thanks.

I cannot do that but if rather I can suggest how to find a lawyer for a face to face meeting in Toronto.

Otherwise, I can discuss this with you online but it's hard if I cannot see the documentation.

Who do you suggest ?
One look at the paperwork and it is apparent it is not right.

Can not scan it for me from your home computer or at work?

I can

So please do that and I will read the document and then I will know what is going on. A lawyer is going to charge a lot to meet you face to face to review this so if I can help I will.

Hello Debra. I did scan but it is only to Apr. / 17, with my notes. If you add the principal and the interest it equals the payment. But if you subtract the payment from the previous balance, it is not what it should be.
How do I send this to you?
I have just asked for an up to date copy of my account. Should get that tomorrow. Neale.

You would attach the document to a reply with the paper clip icon.

But wait until you have everything and then do that at once.