My car was illegally reposessed in october it is still in my…

Customer Question
My car was illegally...

My car was illegally reposessed in october it is still in my name in bc

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In bc

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I tried to buy my car back and then i just gave up then heard from icbc the car is still inmy name the loan was taken out in august i got a letter october 31 saying it was lat paymennt i called to make the payment and they said it was toolate they refused paymewnt and repossesed my car i have not recieved anything from them ever

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not one piece of papoer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

would you be able to callme i find it easier my situation is quite extensive
oh idk if i have that much its ok

Can you please take a few minutes and set out, perhaps in chronological order, what happened?

Thanks

i am agreeing only to an 84 dollar charge to my card is this correct ?

The way this works is you pay the $5 deposit, then the question price.

If you want the call there is a third charge.

Is that OK? If not would you like to continue online?

how much is the question price shouldnt that be told to me no where did they say a second price

I believe the question is $79 but that may be in US dollars. I honestly don't know. I don't work for the site.

So why don't you speak to customer service, find out about the different costs and then let me know if you want a call, want to continue online or want a full refund. It's really up to you.

Apriol 2017 pd 24600.00 cash for 2017 Buick Verano Le
August 18, 2017 took out a 5500.00 title loan against my car
October 31 Husband got pulled over and car got towed to keegz towing in Castlegar BC
November 2 received a letter from Snap cash Car finance company stating I was behind a payment to contact their office with a payment arrangment
November 2 contacted keegz towing to pick up the car had to verify release from police
November 2 contacted snap cash car talked to Diane about the letter and requestd to make payments up to date, she informed me that it was too late to do so that my car had been reposessed and that I would be contacted with info once underwriting did a reviews i requested to make the payment and again and again she refused.
I did not hear back through email or phone for over a week at which time i contacted her back. She then told me it was too late and she believed my car was going into liquidation stage. I freaked out and told her that is impossible no onehad contacted menor were anyof my emails answered, I thgen demanded full disclosure of my files. To thgis date I have not recieved any correspondance what so ever from the company .
November 16th I contacted the office and demanded that i they give me the ability to make payments and reinstate the loan at that time she agreed and told me to deposit 4200 dollars into a account at td canada trust i toldc her I needed something in writing she refused to give it to me i aske3d to speak with underwriting she said they were too busy and that i had till the next day to make the payment to save my car
I was reluctant to deposit that amount of cash just to reinstate the loan and that she told me not to talk to anyone else in the office and no paper work so I did not get scammed and did not make the deoposit into the random account with nothing in writing. I asked again for anemail or some kiond of disclosure papers on my fil to no avail, on November 21 she gave me a total payout of 11556.00 this is not concurrent with the octyober letter that stated I only owed 7200.00 I had from 1pm when she gave me the toital amount till 3 pm to pay that to save my car .
I was just contacted by icbc stating the car is still i n my name

So are you saying from the start this was illegal because you were not behind in any payments?

Where is the car now?

Why was ICBC contacting you?

i just contacted snap cash car and my car is still in liquidatioin stage i want to aply to courts to get my car back they have not gone throiuygh proper steps of reposession in bc and 7200 owing is less than 1/3 what my car is worth so there for they cannot repo it as far as I know

But I cannot represent you and seek a court order. You will need a lawyer in your city.

Would it be more helpful for me to explain how to find a lawyer in BC to act for you?

its fine i can do that thank yu
i wanted to know what form i would use to apply toi the court to have my car returned but i will j ust see a lawyer

I think you do need a lawyer. Time is of the essence and it is more than one form.

I hope it works out.

Please ask the site for a refund.