My man died Feb 27 2018. I was to be his wife. (4thwife).

Customer Question
My man died Feb...

My man died Feb 27 2018. I was to be his wife. (4thwife). His 3rd wife died March 2015. His second wife they were divorced in 2002 says she has a will. I have not seen the will. She told me not even 24 hrs after his death she has a will. I am not sure what to do. I don't have a lot of money. I moved into

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In Canada alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have his death certificate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

Are you saying you don't know of a current Will?

I never seen his will. If there is one it was written back before 2001 when he was married to his second wife. Both of them got remarried.

How long did you life with this man for?

Did you register as being in an adult interdependent partnership?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!