I got caught2-3 years ago driving while suspended it I still…

Customer Question
Hi .. I...

Hi .. I got caught2-3 years ago driving while suspended it I still got a warrant for my arrest .wondering what should I do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

No it was here in Edmonton I fail to appear.. I never had problem with the law before either

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Alberta lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know ove

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What you should do is retain a criminal lawyer in Edmonton and have that lawyer contact the police on your behalf, indicate you will turn yourself where you will be immediately released and deal with the actual charge at the same time.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-****

I know being told to call a lawyer is the last thing you want to hear but as a lawyer myself I do know that in this case that is the very best way to start to move forward and get this off your shoulders.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?