My disability insurance called and offered to pay the

Customer Question
My disability insurance called...

My disability insurance called and offered to pay the remaining 9 months or coverage plus discretionary amount since I will not longer be able to work full-time. Wondering what I should do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union - group benefits

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Been off work since September 2016 general anxiety, depression, etc. Is this free? I am in Canada

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Canada Law
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. This site is not free and you've already been charged by the site.

Please speak to customer service to find out what you've been charged. If that is OK let me know. If not please ask for a refund.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks I didn't mind paying for the question but I didn't want a monthly subscription...

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Is this short term disability?

Are you able to work at all?

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 25 days ago

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
LTD and now I it was determined I will only be able to work part-time (fibromyalgia...). I am considering consulting a lawyer. I will let you know my decision to contact you or go with a live lersson. Thanks
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 24 days ago

OK

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor