I went to Toronto at the lock Lock woood clinic I left on…

Customer Question
I went to Toronto...

I went to Toronto at the lock Lock woood clinic I left on Saturday March for that was the only time I could have a ride , My mom pass away during the night of March 20 th during the middle of the night ,I contact head staffing because right now we no longer have manager , she told me not to forget healt ticket for employment health , I told her it’s the middle of night , left with nothing , she went and see Employment heal , she did not explain my mother pass away , so employment call me during my mother wake , how direpect full , Employment health wants to put the time as grieving, this Ginette said no because it wasn’t consistent. I don’t understand. My Mother wake was 22 of

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But the rest of the hospital has union so she goes with the union on everything elese

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Canada Law
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
We work 12 hours shift and have to fight all the time to have our breaks She keeps telling us to ask security or the nurses if there busy then no breaks
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
When I was in hospital she kept harassing me to come back to work , I had a surgery and stayed 11 days she got the lead hand after two days out of the hospital on may 17 to see what shifts I wanted the 24 of may or June 3 , they never consulted Employment healt just took it apont them self to Harase me into going to work I had surgery when thy call I still had over 50 stitches on my bellie , she won’t stop harassing me , I got a list but got to go , hope we could resolve some of these problems
3/31/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 26 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I need answers
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I want answer
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am so sorry for the long delay. There was a glitch with you question.

Can you please confirm you still need an answer and if so I will work with you on this at once.

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I need answer

OK

I don't understand the facts. It may be because of some typos. You said you went to the clinic but do you mean you work at the clinic?

And if so are you saying you had to leave work suddenly because your mother died?

And now the employer is saying you should not have left work?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will call you but I hope you could E mail me the answer

You cannot call me. You can ask for a call if you want and the site will call you but there is an additional cost on top of the question cost.

So please decide what you want to do but I do need a much better understanding of the facts.

Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Well could you tell me how much it will cost me all together

I would if I knew. I am a practicing lawyer and I don't know what the site charges. So please ask them and then make your decision.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor