I own a house with a business partner it’s 50/50 split, it’s…

Customer Question
I own a house...

I own a house with a business partner it’s 50/50 split, it’s been on market for 4.5 years to sell, how can I legally get my business partner in this property to agree on a price reduction ? I want to reduce asking price by 36k and he wouldn’t sign, what’s my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In Canada Alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None ,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Do you have a written agreement about how the house was to be treated?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!