How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a house with a business partner it’s 50/50 split, it’s

Customer Question

I own a house with a business partner it’s 50/50 split, it’s been on market for 4.5 years to sell, how can I legally get my business partner in this property to agree on a price reduction ? I want to reduce asking price by 36k and he wouldn’t sign, what’s my options?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Canada Alberta
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None ,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Do you have a written agreement about how the house was to be treated?

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.