My agency is doing the underpayment every stat holiday

Customer Question
Hi, I am Alla...

Hi, I am Alla. My agency is doing the underpayment every stat holiday payment. My wage is 16$ or 17$ per hour depends the shift, full time, 40 hours per week. they are calculate the stat holiday 8 hours by 16$. is not right, is not it? it should be my earned amount for 30 days / by worked days, plus include vacation .

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I called to the payroll department many times, they did adjustment, only the payment where is hourly wage was less then 16 $

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I am working like contractor over 10 month from agency, no union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other question, on the week I am working 40 hours, some time we have over time, which is 1,5 to my wage. On Monday we had stat holiday in February,19 2018. Tuesday,Wedn,Thuesday, Friday are work days, Saturday is overtime . How they should to pay me for Saturday, if my work week from Monday to Friday? Thanks. Those question from group pf employees, from the same agency in BC.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. You are correct. They have to pay you based on the average of what you were paid per hour over the past 30 days.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.