I married a Mexican lady on dec 25 2017 and I need to get…

Customer Question
Hi I married a...

Hi I married a Mexican lady on dec 25 2017 and I need to get this annulled as she wants money and a big language barrier she still lives in mexico and I in Canada can this be done

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No not as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in alberta canada

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
I can send you marriage certificate I found out once we got to mexico that they here on the marriage cerficate did not add one of her last names does this mean that it would be null and void I have not started any proceedings on here Canadian citzizenship I need help
Answered in 1 day by:
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

If this marriage is considered to be valid in Mexico then it is valid in Canada. Frankly, that is a good thing because it is by far faster and cheaper to get a divorce than to get an annulment.

You can get a divorce after a one year separation without a trial. To get an annulment you need to go to court and will need to retain a lawyer.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?