I had my lincence suspended because I did not have a chance…

Customer Question
I had my lincence...

I had my lincence suspended because I did not have a chance to dispute the violation before i had a cardiac arrest ended up in a coma, heart surgery and did not have a chance to dispute.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have an opportunity to go back to work and require a drivers lincence and the fine is over 1600 and i am on disability.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted drivers services who indicated thatI can pay six hundred and they will allow 3 months to pay the balance. I cannot use my disability cheque to pay the fine or i cannot pay rent and food. I have lost two employment opportunities due to no lincence. And the third oppertunity is available and i am now being sued by creditors because i cannot work and continue my medical rehab without the lincence. I tried to use the bus service and did not meet the requirements and i got dismissed until i get my lincence. Its been a couple years and I been sued because the creditors can't understand why i cant pay for my drivers lincence to go back to work.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have submitted a letter from employer since 2017

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

When were you convicted?

What province are you in please?