This in regard to property. Someone in my band left the band…

Customer Question
Hello this in regard...

Hello this in regard to property. Someone in my band left the band without telling anyone and also left there amp in our possession for over 2 years. We are since stored and lugged it around and now he is asking for it back. Is it legally our now?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am actually in canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well he contacted me saying he called the cops on us and I told him he can come get it but right now we are doing Renos and to contact me in a week. He has yet to do that now he is posting on facebook calling use thieves which we aren't

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats about it. Like I said he was in the band for maybe 4 months then left the band without telling one never contacted us for his amp and we have stored and lugged it around to multiple areas and now he is demanding it back by calling the cops on us without contacting us prior to calling the cops and I told he to contact me in a week to come get it but he hast and now he is calling us thieves on facebook and my band is a business to me so this is not okay in my books sorry just reiterated what I said

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

It is not yours because there was no agreement that you could keep it.

If you feel he owes you money for being stuck with it for so long you can sue him for compensation but you have no right to keep the amp at this point.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?