I am trying to sell my property in Deseronto, Ontario which…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to sell my property in Deseronto, Ontario which is included in the Culbertson Tract specific land claim submitted by the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte. I have disclosed this in the listing. The broker for our realtor said if we know of this we must. The lawyer for the Ontario Real Estate Association is uncertain. We do not want to be sued for non-disclosure, but the property is not selling because of this status. We are also not getting information of relevance from the Federal or Ontario governments. We definitely need the name of a real estate lawyer who can deal with a matter such as this, or a lawyer who would be prepared to take a class-action suit against the Federal and/or Ontario governments, as they have much deeper pockets. I have composed a kind of open letter outlining all these issues which might be easier for communicating the situation. I tried to contact the Law Society of Upper Canada to get a name as part of their half hour free consultation programme, but only get referred to an online process that seems to elude me. Edgar Tumak.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. Neither I, our realtor know where or how to proceed. We have even contacted the MP as it is a Federal matter, but he has no information (I know him well, but he is a back bencher so I believe him). Communication from the realtor for the ORA did not provide a source other than to contact the Law Society of Upper Canada for a free half-hour consultation, but I can`t seem to connect through their online requirements.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

The address is***** Deseronto, Ontario. The claim covers 60% of the eastern end of the small Town of Deseronto.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can send the letter/essay I composed for more detail, as there is a lot. I do not want to include the Band, the Mohawks of the Bay Quinte, into any suit. Neither I, nor my spouse are Mohawk or indigenous.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Canada Law
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The lawyers on this site cannot act for you.

Did you call the lawyer referral service directly?

If you want me to suggest another way to find a lawyer I can do that too.

Let me know if that will help.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor