I have a contract to sell my truck but I signed title to…

Customer Question
I have a contract...

I have a contract to sell my truck but I signed title to purchaser for insurance purposes and now he is not paying and will not return the truck.it is worth 15000.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

M in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The contract states if he does not pay I can reposses the truck anytime

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you know where the truck is?

Did you register the security interest on title with the registry office?

What province are you in please?

What is your specific question?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!