I have a couple who live separately in the same housei and…

I have a couple...

I have a couple who live separately in the same housei and eat separately but share every utilities and tuition of their children. the husband admits that. Now his wives is about to retire and maintains that he is entitled to half of her pension although he livedin the same house for more 25 hears without her support. will the court allow him to do so.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

They are in a mess. keeping threatening her. they to sell the house. but he is not cooperating , he wants to buy the house cheaply.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

They live in ottawa, ontario. canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can we solve selling the house. and how can protect the pension of the wife inasmuch as they lived in the same house for more than 25 years without the finacal support of the wife to her separated spouse

3/27/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying that they both have considered themselves to be separated over the years?

So they each paid half of the expenses but were not living together in a marriage like relationship?

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
exactly
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I already explained the situation. There are two problems. (1) Selling the house ; the husband want to to either buy it or sell it at his own terms. and (2) He wants to share the wife's pension. Please answer these two questions ,and advise how to protect the pension. Thank you
Phone call session started
Debra, Lawyer