I am currently outside the country of Canada. I am a

Customer Question
Hi.I am currently outside...

Hi.I am currently outside the country of Canada. I am a Canadian citizen. I have a warrant for a fail to appear and a DWI in the province of Saskatchewan. I am planning on returning by air to Ontario. The charges are Summary . Do you think I will be hauled back to Saskatchewan .

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the DWI charges?

No because I missed them so there is a warrant

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Canadian lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Canada Law
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Is there also an easy way to find out what warrants I have?
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry this question has sat for so long. It is because you are asking what we think and there is no certainty.

You are in a better position flying into Ontario than Sask for sure. It would cost money to fly a police officer from Sask to Ontario to take you back so it is more likely than not that you will be OK this time.

But this is really no way to live.

You can do a police record search on yourself and the warrants would show up as well as any outstanding charges. At the same time though doing the check may expose you to risk of being arrested.

So the best approach, by far, is to retain a criminal lawyer in Sask, deal with anything that is there to be dealt with and move out. At some point such as when you need to renew your passport, this is going to come back to haunt you.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer