I have lived in my house for 36 years and just found out…

Customer Question
I have lived in...

I have lived in my house for 36 years and just found out that my back porch is 1 meter beyond the setback. We wanted to reno it but we cannot get a permit. Do we qualify for adverse possession?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Just went to City Hall and found all this out. They do not want to give me a building permit for the porch.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Beaconsfield,Quebec.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is this about zoning?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!