I have tenants renting the basement suite. I rent the whole…

I have tenants renting...

I have tenants renting the basement suite. I rent the whole house and sub let to them. The owners of the house have given them 2 months notice to leave as they are moving a family member in. They are supposed to leave at the end of April. They are refusing to move and have not paid me their rent for half of Fen and all of March. They ar claiming squatters rights where do I stand with these people.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not yet they are supposed to be out at the end of April

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an AR lawyer about this?

No

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

They are being nonsensical. Squatter's rights have nothing in the least to do about this.

You simply have to get an eviction order.

And then they will be removed for you.

Do you know how to do that?

They have a termination notice for April 30th but say they refuse to move and will not pay a penny to me for any more rent etc. So can we apply for a separate eviction notice for earlier than April 30th?

You can apply now. They haven't paid rent is some time and have told you they will not.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer
No thanks looks like they are planning on moving out early May. Well we will see.
Thank yoiu

I hope so!