Almost 6 years ago I filed a bankruptcy, and after a year we…

Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** 6 years ago I filed a bankruptcy, and after a year we have been released from the dept. One of my cases was a Nissan Altima car leased in my company name and I was responsible personally for that. And Nissan repossess the car, after filing bankruptcy all the calls stopped. But last week Nissan Canada finance start calling me again and tell me that I owe them money, I called my trustee and told them what happened and they said we are not your trustee anymore but we will let you know what to do. Now after a week they haven't call me and they are not getting back when I call them. Now I don't know what to do. I would be appreciate if you let me know what are my solutions.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

British Columbia , Vancouver

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe thats it.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Was this a corporate bankruptcy or a personal bankruptcy?

Were they listed as creditors?

it was a personal bankruptcy, my wife and I. Yes they were listed as creditors.

Then send them the documentation that shows they were creditors and that they were included and that the debt has been wiped out.

Tell them if they continue to harass you then you will file a complaint with the dealer's association.

Does that make sense?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I talked to them and told them that, but they are saying because it was a lease we can come after you again, but if it was finance you would be clear!!!!

That is not true.

The lease went into default I assume so it became a debt that was listed and wiped out.

how can I complain with the dealer's association???

Is the dealership coming after you directly or a collection agency?

Just Nissan Canada Finance department is calling, almost three times a day.

You can make a complaint here:

https://mvsabc.com/

They should be able to help you.

If not you can have a lawyer send them a letter if you cannot get in touch with your former Trustee or you can ignore them and tell them you are happy to have a court decide.

Does that make sense?

Debra, Lawyer