I sold my house in Montreal on 27th of June 2017. I sold my…

I sold my house...

I sold my house in Montreal on 27th of June 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I sold my house because of divorce. I moved to US in the beginning of 2017. I was living in this house since 1998. My ex wife got her portion of the payment. But the notary put on hold portion of my payment because I live in US. He told me to obtain the certificate of compliance from revenue Quebec and revenue Canada. I got it,but he is not paying me the funds he put on hold. How can I make him to pay me my money? It’s 108750$.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

In Montreal

Still waiting
3/27/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

When you provided him with the tax certificates what did he say or do?

I provided him certificate of compliance as
Soon as I got by mail in Savannah Georgia
USA. It was on 03/07/2018. I send him email. He responded to me that he is leaving for vacation till 03/19/2018.
On 03/19/2018 I contacted him by phone. His secretary took a message. Than he email me and asked me if I send him a copy of a certificate of compliance because he has to attach a copy to the file. When he got an email from me on the
03/07/2018 he said that everything looks good but he is leaving for vacation. When he came back he asked me to provide to him a purchaser copy of the certificate.
I mailed it the same day. I called Canada revenue agency and asked them did they send a copy to purchaser and they replied to me that as per their regulations the copy
Was send to purchaser in the same day it was mailed to me. Today I tracked the letter and it was delivered today at 9:40 am. I send him an email regarding the tracking. He didn’t answer. Last Friday,he send me a copy of his email to his bookkeeper where he asked her to pull out
My file and check the financial side of the deal. But still he did not transfer the funds.
It’s seems to me that he is delaying the transfer of the funds. I cannot understand why. And I don’t know how to convince him to pay me my money which he put on hold. Basically the situation is as follows:
The buyers got my property but they didn’t pay for it. And as soon they got the copy from CRA they had to fulfill their obligation and to complete the payment for the property.

I suggest that if you don't hear from him by mid-day tomorrow you send him a letter by registered mail or courier or whatever mail you have that will get their soon and needs his signature.

In the letter demand the funds by a deadline that you set (and it should be very short) and tell him if he fails to comply you will file a complaint against him with the Chambre des notaires du Québec. And if the deadline passes you should do so at once.

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.cnq.org/&prev=search

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra,
Thanks a lot. I will do that.

Great.

Please rate me now so that I can receive credit for my work.

The post will not lock and I will still be here for you if you need me again.

Debra,
You provided me with a best service possible.on a scale of 10 you deserve 10

That's very nice to hear. But can you click on the stars at the top of the page so the site sees the rating?

Thanks!

Debra, Lawyer