On Friday March 9 th I received a text message from Mr.

On Friday March 9...

On Friday March 9 th I received a text message from Mr. Severin saying that we had two offers coming in
on our home, and that I needed to respond to them by 10pm that evening. I explained that I was out of
town, and would not be back until the evening of Saturday, March 10th.
I asked for the offers to be forwarded to me for review, but this did not happen. I received a voice mail
from Mr. Severin asking for me to deal with the offer promptly. I again reiterated that I was away and
unable to properly deal with the offers until Saturday evening. By Saturday evening, I still had not
received any copy of the offers.
Instead, on the evening of Friday, March 9th, Mr. Severin met with my ex-wife, and had her sign and
accept one of the offers without my presence or agreement. If it my understanding that the buyers, who
were also present at the meeting, deposited $10,00 to secure the sales contract.
To summarize:
● I was told Friday there were two offers coming in;
● I requested they both be sent to me to review. Neither were forwarded. I asked again Saturday
and the offers were still not sent;
● On Sunday, March 11, the offers were emailed to myself. Upon receiving them I realized one of
the offers was agreed to by my ex-wife under the advice of Mr. Severin.
There were inclusions in the offer I was not in agreement with. To note: The pool table was listed as part
of the offer; I would have requested a different closing date; The buyers wanted four (4) additional
walk-throughs, etc. I would have renegotiated on all these points

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not sure if i have a legal issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Gananoque, ON

3/26/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is the house in both your names?

Debra, Lawyer
we are both on the title and on the listing agreement
Phone call session started