On Friday March 9 th I received a text message from Mr.

On Friday March 9...

On Friday March 9 th I received a text message from Mr. Severin saying that we had two offers coming in
on our home, and that I needed to respond to them by 10pm that evening. I explained that I was out of
town, and would not be back until the evening of Saturday, March 10th.
I asked for the offers to be forwarded to me for review, but this did not happen. I received a voice mail
from Mr. Severin asking for me to deal with the offer promptly. I again reiterated that I was away and
unable to properly deal with the offers until Saturday evening. By Saturday evening, I still had not
received any copy of the offers.
Instead, on the evening of Friday, March 9th, Mr. Severin met with my ex-wife, and had her sign and
accept one of the offers without my presence or agreement. If it my understanding that the buyers, who
were also present at the meeting, deposited $10,00 to secure the sales contract.
To summarize:
● I was told Friday there were two offers coming in;
● I requested they both be sent to me to review. Neither were forwarded. I asked again Saturday
and the offers were still not sent;
● On Sunday, March 11, the offers were emailed to myself. Upon receiving them I realized one of
the offers was agreed to by my ex-wife under the advice of Mr. Severin.
There were inclusions in the offer I was not in agreement with. To note: The pool table was listed as part
of the offer; I would have requested a different closing date; The buyers wanted four (4) additional
walk-throughs, etc. I would have renegotiated on all these points

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not sure if i have a legal issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Gananoque, ON

3/26/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is the house in both your names?

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
we are both on the title and on the listing agreement
Phone call session started
Debra, Lawyer