I am a victim of scam and td bank i smaking me run in

Customer Question
Hi i am a...

Hi i am a victim of scam and td bank i smaking me run in circles

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

They sent me a confirmation of settlement and release which i find tricky

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Called the bank, filed a police report amd filed it too at canadian anti fraud

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do you have aminute so i an run down the story?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Please take your time to set out the facts. There is no rush.

hi
are you ready to read?

Yes please provide the facts.

Someone offered me a job. Sent a cheque as advance payment. Deposited it and bank encashed it right away. Sender of the cheque asked me to deposit portion of the amount sent to someone who has TD account too.
Few days after, I discovered my account went on negative... ran to the bank and was told i was a victim of a scam
they had me call fraud dept to discuss the case... I was told i was naive and stupid to accept a cheque from a stranger...
Then they said i had to bring a copy of the cheque for them to investigate... So I did... Then I asked them what am supposed to do next when I'm supposed to deposit a pay cheque in order for me to be able to pay bills
March 9 i opened another checking account giving me the assurance that they will not be taking my money that will come in the new account
But they did. So I called the customer complained department and they have agreed to pay the amount they took. They want me to sign a confirmation of settlement and release form

I cannot know if you are done or not.

Are these all the facts?

What is your specific question please?

I need you to review a paper
They want me to sign prior to releasing the funds they took from my account
Are you still there?
Are you still tbere?

Yes of course I am still there but the way the site works is you post and wait and then I reply. You just keep posting over and over again and I have no idea when you are done..

I am not able to review legal documents. That is not what we do. You need your own lawyer for that.

I can just provide legal information.

that's it??
Thanks for the time?

I can answer your questions about the law and explain what will happen if you sign, if you don't sign, what they are liable for, what you are liable for etc.