I would like to apply for Canada PR. I am on OPT EAD in the…

Hi, I would like...

Hi, I would like to apply for Canada PR. I am on OPT EAD in the USA I would like to know the process

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes I do regarding my F1 and other details

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the OPT?

I am on OPT now but would like to apply for Canada PR But I did not had any conversation with any lawyer regarding this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is all first I would like to know the process and chance of my PR

3/26/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you saying you are a skilled worker?

I am I would like to find a job in Canada

But you want to immigrate and not just get a work permit, correct?

I want to immigrate to canada and work there
What do you suggest to start the process??

You can likely apply under our express entry process as a skilled worker. You don't need a job offer first but you application is stronger if you have one.

Here is a link to the information what you will need:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

And here is a link to an online assessment took that will give you a good idea as to whether you will be successful or not:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

after applying with express entry. How long will it take to know whether my application is successful or not? And also can you tell if there would be any one who can help me in this whole process.

It takes 6 months.

You can retain an immigration lawyer to assist you. What province do you want to move to?

I am not sure of that. I have no idea of the provinces over there so

That's a pretty big decision.

It would be moving to the US and saying you just want to move to the US.

So you should do some reading and figure out what you think would work best for you.

Then you can find a lawyer in that province. In most provinces there is a lawyer referral service you can use. So google that when you are ready.

Sure, Thank you. I will get back to you if I have any further questions.

For sure!

For now please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer
Sure.

Thanks!