When the last surviving parent dies do the adult children,

Customer Question
When the last surviving...

When the last surviving parent dies do the adult children, who are not named as executors have any rights regarding knowledge of the estate

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is Ontario, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Just what the sole executor has told us, she has not offered to show us the documents

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

Are these adult children beneficiaries of the estate?

Did this parent have assets in their name alone?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!