The manager of my building has forced an eviction on me. he…

Customer Question
The manager of my...

The manager of my building has forced an eviction on me . he has made up lies and then jumped on me having a hard time paying my rent for 2 months and evicted me..I have lived here for 2 and 1/2 years .i paid my rent the first time late by y the 5th and the second time by the 15th but still he has evicted me...it is about much more than that thought, he has called m and barred her from coming to see me ( for no reason)y daughter names , he has and his staff memeber Byron havre called my bf ni**er. they have accused him of being a dope dealer because he is black , neither one of us have drug records and neither one of us deal drugs. He is making my life miserable and then. i had an arbitration case with him and i swear to go d that the arbitrator was his aunt, listened to his side and was ready to rule without even listening to my side. I have requested a copy of the tape ( i am told that they are all recorede0. He makes up lies my place is owned byt the city and i want compensation for the pain and suffering. for defamation of character etc. I am tired of being steamrolled. how should i proceed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

I am in Canada , in BC

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No there are not it is a pretty standard agreement

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is about it i guess, there is so much

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/23/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying the arbitrator ordered the eviction because you were late with rent twice?

And are you saying this is really about discrimination?

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!