The National Benefit Authority Cooperation is suing me

Customer Question
The National Benefit Authority...

The National Benefit Authority Cooperation is suing me because they claim that I owe them money for them doing work to get me money from the governments' disability program. The only time I gave them permission to do this was a complete project on which I received money from the I.R.S to which they sent an invoice 2 wks in advance of me recieving any funds. I went to the bank stated on the form and paid it. Now I am apparently being sued in a Toronto small claimes court dated Mar.14/2018,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Ontario lawyer about this?

I live in Saskatchewan ( Regina)

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None - I just recieved the notice March 20th this year.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes - My common-law husband was the first to go through them to claim the disability portion - but apparently, he was not able to qualify. For three yrs they kept telling him that they were working on it. Finally three yrs ago I phoned the IRS and was told he was not a candidate for the program, however since I qualified, I could receive write them a letter to get an adjustment that he qualified under: Senior supplement transferred; age amount transferred Disability amount transferred all from ( me ) as the spouse. As far as I was concerned since they didn't do anything to get that money. NBA did not get any of this money. Our contract was on my mind over with tthat last payment done in full because that was done for me. I did all the work on the first forms, but I contracted them NBA to do it. Not the adjustment' The added amount is $2,806.89, but they want $3,006.89 inclusive of costa and pre- and post-judgment interest. That amount is an interest rate on the3,000. plus the amount of 26.82%.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Do you have the document you signed?

What has the IRS to do with this or so you mean the CRA?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!