In response to your last answer, you answered the question…

In response to your last...
In response to your last answer, you answered the question from the landlords point of view, I am the tenant, so please try again from my point of view, you answered the question the first time thinking I was the landlord, but I am the tenant. There is no eviction yet, but come April 1st, I plan to not pay the rent because they owe me $3300.00, I am a resident ATM for the landlords, husband and wife who I share the kitchen with, I want to stay, I want to protect the $3300 they owe me, what do you suggest I do? If I was covered by the British Columbia Residential Tenancy Act, it would be no problem, because I could dispute the eviction to them, I would have a hearing, and I am sure the judge would rule in my favour, once he hears all the evidence. But, not being covered by the act, I go under common law eviction, ands I do not know which court to apply to fight the eviction, and there seems to be no information on the internet about common law evictions in British Columbia because almost everyone is covered by the Tenancy Act, which I wish I was too. Barry
3/23/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The answer is the same. You will be trespassing. You have no right to remain in their home once they tell you to leave.

If they end up having to get a court order you will be ordered to pay a very substantial part of their legal fees.

You can sue them for what they owe you but you cannot remain in their home. It's very clear.

Debra, Lawyer