I was going to go on vacation with a friend, and they needed…

I was going to...

I was going to go on vacation with a friend, and they needed some cash for the fliggt, I sent it but they decided to keep it and not get back to me...wondering if they ever meant to come or not now

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I was wondering what. You can do to help

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am in bc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have just demanded the cash back that's all He is in Tulsa oklahoma

3/22/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How much did you lend him.

Did you only meet him online?

Hi, I lent him $368 Canadian, I know it's not much but I don't have much money, and I need this money back..I did not just meet him online, I met him in Grenada a few years ago and we've just kept in touch ever since
I have a WhatsApp conversation for proof that he owes me, and a receipt from the "money grams" service at the postal office that I used to send the cash

I don't have good news.

You could sue him for the money but it will cost more to sue and then enforce the judgment than what you are suing for because he is in Oklahoma. There is no way you can sue him and enforce the judgment from BC to Oklahoma without spending a considerable amount of money.

I hated having to give you this news but you need an honest answer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer