My brother Rxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx of xxxxx xixx, xx was

Customer Question
My brother Rxxxxx xxxxx...

My brother Rxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx of xxxxx xixx, xx was discovered dead in is cabine on March 18 by the RCMP OF Campbell River. He was born on xxxxxx, 1xxx in xxxxxx Alsace, our parents now deceased moved xxxxxx xxxxx in 1952. My brother left xxxx at the age of 18 and moved to BC where he lived ever since. He had 3 children with whom he chose to have no contact with. He also had 6 siblings ( 1 in Alsace, 1 in Lethbridge (me) and 4 in Quebec with whom he had extreme minimal contact. His landlord (xxxx xxxxx asked him at several occasions if there was anyone that could be contacted in cas of emergency, my brother affirmed every time that he had no one. We need to know, children as well as siblings, what are our obligations regarding his body, funeral, his renting place and belongings, all the legal and governmental documents related to him, towards his landlord, ... We all agree to respect his choices now we need to know if we are obligated to any responsabilities and cost or if we can let the province and Campbell River to look after him

Lawyer's Assistant: What province is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

We talked the RCMP, to his children, to all the siblings, the landlord and we received the coroner 's reason of death which is natural causes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will there be a cost for this?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Canada Law
3/22/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

The site is not free. Did someone explain the costs to you and are you OK with them?

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor