I moved from another province to be a nan and we lived

I moved from another...

I moved from another province to be a nan and we lived common law for six yrs.Learned he is an acholalic. With that said and i living in one of our small bedrm trying to save up moneys to leave. And have now had to start taking anti depressants yesterday and doc said i need to move.i dont

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Do i have any rights? Or did i loose all my furnature ,self worth along with the love ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Am in alberta cananda,Lloydminster

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I vehad to sign rsps s

3/23/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How long have you lived in Alberta for?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Six yrs.

In Alberta common law spouses do not have property rights the way legally married spouses do. That means you each keep what you bought and you share jointly held assets

So you take your furniture with you. You do not share in your RRSPs or any other assets.

But, common law spouses do have spousal support rights and that means that if he was supporting you during the 6 years, at least to some extent he will have to provide you with spousal support.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He insisted on supporting
me ,then almost after four yrs I got a job for it was like pulling teeth to even get perscription filled.That was job and have been paying bills,all my food ,gas, three yrs ago,repairs,docpills,grandbaby,everything related to my self minus rent . Ive had to go to bank and sign my name with his so he can take out rsp early to drink .Am not interested in his vegas time share . I have no furniture ,deposit . And cant do all on my own. Am miserible staying in my own room and the stituation is depressing me. I dont know if i can continue this in order have my life back. I was a fool for believing he loved me when he only wanted a maid ,cook and a person to say " luv you hun" .

If you have low income you can get a legal aid certificate and retain a family lawyer for free to act for you.

I suggest you contact legal aid tomorrow:

http://www.legalaid.ab.ca/Pages/default.aspx

Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer