I have a huge problem. mY MOM'S W. Ontario cANADA. I JUST…

Customer Question
Good Evening Debra. I...

Good Evening Debra. I have a huge problem. mY MOM'S W

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ontario cANADA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I JUST FOUND OUT LATELY, I AM NOT SURE WHAT I SHOUD DO. I HAVE BEEN READING INFORMATION BUT STILL NOT SURE OF MYRIGHTS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

MY BROTHER CHANGED MY MOM'S wILL AND THE HOUSE THAT WAS LEFT TO ME AND NOW HAS HIS NAME ON THE TITLE AND HE WON'T ALLOW ME TO SELL THE PROPERTY BUT IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO UPKEEP. a LOAN WAS TAKEN AGAINST THE HOME FOR 150 THOUSAND PLUS MY EXPENSIES AND THE PROPERTY TAX WAS NOT PAID FOR A FEW MONTHS. hE TOLD MY MOM HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PROPERTY TAX BUT HE NEGLECTED TO DO THAT. sO I OWE BACK TAXESES AS WELL. b

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear all of this.

Has your mother died?

How could your brother change her Will?

she has..she died 3 years ago. I am not sure. Perhaps he contested it? I know he changed it because the original Will was different and was made in 1996. This one has her signature from when she was well. She had Parkinson's and her signature was very different. Also, when I was going through my divorce, the Will that I got from her Safety Deposit Box was different. It said that I would get one house, the house that I looked after my mom in plus half of the house my brother grew up in and he would get the pother house. The reason fro this is because he earns a lot more money than I do and my mom wanted my to be financially secure since I received nothing from my divorce,
I am at the library. When I get home, I will call you. About an hour,..is that ok?

You cannot call me but you can ask the site for a call.

So do that when you get home.

ok..thank you. I will.

OK