On the study permit application, there is no place to state…

On the study permit application...
On the study permit application, there is no place to state that I have a child... what do I do ?And at what point do my husband apply for the open work permit ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You and your spouse and your child each do their own application but you submit them together.

Your spouse would apply for the open work permit at the same time you are applying for your study permit.

we need to fill out and complete 3 study permit application form and submit them in the same created account online? Or do we need 3 separate created accounts online to submit the application ?I’m applying for study permit now? So my husband need to start his own for the open work now as well?Are you sure ?

There are two ways you can do this.

The first is you apply at the same time. So there are three applications and your spouse would also apply for the work permit.

Or you apply on your own and then once you get your study permit they apply. And if you do it this way as you spouse is a US citizen he can apply for the open work permit upon entry to Canada.

But it is likely simpler to do it all at once especially in case you run into any snags.

I suggest calling your school. Almost all schools offer assistance to foreign students and they can help you with all of this I believe.

My husband is a Dutch Citzen and live on st.Maarten. Would that affect his open work permit approval or success rate? My son is American ( 2 years old).

No not at all.

He is getting his open permit because of you.

There is no concern at all.

Debra, Lawyer