I am a victim of workplace harassment. My worksafebc claim…

Customer Question
I am a victim...

I am a victim of workplace sexual harassment. My worksafebc claim has been denied, and I have submitted an appeal. I also have submitted my claim through BCHRT. I am needing some legal advice please.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this harassment issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I work for a small company of only 6 employees, we have no HR, and the culprit in this situation is my boss who is also a co owner of the business

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

I work hourly and there is no union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, WSBC was able to prove the sexual harassment in the workplace, but there were no witnesses to my boss kissing me which is why my claim was denied.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What information do you need?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!