I live in Saskatchewan Canada and I have been separated for…

Customer Question
I live in Saskatchewan...

I live in Saskatchewan Canada and I have been separated for over 3 years now. I moved out for the second time because of emotional and mental abuse, I just couldn't take it anymore. We have two children son (8) and a daughter (5), and their primary residence is with their mother and because of the mothers work schedule we have agreed that i will have the children with me when she is working her permanent nightshirt schedule. My question is this, do I have the right to schedule counseling for my son and I to help him with his emotional health and processing his emotions about our separation without her consent? The other day I made an appointment with Sign In Yorkton SK, and the counselor told me my estranged wife stormed into her office and demanded that she cancel the appointment I had set up for my son and myself. Does she have the right to cancel or intervene in my efforts to help my children's mental health when they are in my care?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No not as of yet. I financially in a place to afford legal representation to assist me with any paperwork

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in Yorkton SK, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Do you have joint custody?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!